How To Perform Astral Travel:
Astral projection (or astral travel) is an interpretation of out-of-body experience (OBE) that assumes the existence of an "astral body" or "spirit or soul"separate from the physical body and capable of traveling outside it. Astral projection or travel denotes the astral body leaving the physical body to travel in the astral plane.
The idea of astral travel is rooted in common worldwide religious accounts of the afterlife in which the consciousnesses or soul's journey or "ascent" is described in such situations where in the spiritual traveler leaves the physical body and travels in his/her subtle body (or dream-body or astral body) into "higher" realms.
Everybody once in his/her lifetime must have un-consciously performed astral travel. Astral travel is been performed by numerous people during visions, deep dreams that seems real even ancient Chinese monks do astral travel for days where they go to learn moves from dead monks.
Relax through breathing. That is, exhale all the air from your lungs until there is none left. THEN exhale a little more. There is always a little more than you think since lung are "inflated" and are usually 1/4 to 1/2 full even before we breathe in. Once all the old air is cleaned from your lungs, inhale deeply and then hold it for 1/2 the time it took you to breath out. You always want to breathe out twice as long to get the old oxygen poor air out of your lungs. There is a reason for this. The new, fresh oxygen when held for several seconds (as long as you possibly can so that it's not too uncomfortable) results in a kind of high that is similar biologically to the effect of morphine. However, this process does not result in addiction or the overall devastation that drugs cause. In short, it is an effective way to wind down and achieve a relaxed state.
Approach sleep, but do your best not to fall asleep. One way of doing this is to hold your forearm up, while keeping your upper arm on the bed, or ground. As you start to fall asleep, your arm will fall, and you will awaken again. With practice, you can learn to control the Hypnagogic state without using your arm.Scientists and hypnosis experts refer to this state as the Hypnagogic state. As soon as you notice memories, thoughts, conversations, images, etc that you did not intend to focus on or think of, then you have achieved this state. Relax and proceed to the next step.
Allow your body to continue to relax beyond this point until you start to notice Phosphogenes. Phosphogenes are strange images on the backs of your eyelids. It almost looks like a strange, dimly lit fireworks show on the inside of your lids. Watch them casually until they cease and you start to lose the sensation of your limbs. This sensory numbness marks the beginning of your body's transference from the physical plane to the planes that surround our world.
Enter a state of Vibration. This is the most important part of the technique, and also the vaguest. Many projectors have noted these vibrations at the onset of projection. They can be experienced as a mild tingling, or as is electricity is being shot through the body. It may actually be the astral body trying to leave the physical one. Some techniques for entering into the vibrational state include completing the following tasks. Some should be performed before you begin your relation session:
1. Remove as much stimuli from your body as possible: Jewelry and clothing (especially tight).
2. Limit light in the room. The less the better, but do not remove all light. You may fall asleep.
3. Make sure the room is warm enough, but not too warm. If you need a blanket, make sure it is not rough or too heavy.
4. Make sure you will be alone, free from visitors, roommates and ringing phones.
5. Lie with your head pointing North and your feet pointing South.
6. Breathe through your nose. This is hard for some people, but do your best.
7. Begin your relaxation session.
8. Once you have past the point where you can see Phosphogenes, repeat the following words to yourself mentally: "I will see. I will hear. I will feel. I will move. I will remember." Slowly recite this passage 5 times. Each time you recite this passage to yourself, you should be completing an inhalation and an exhalation.
9. Finally, we arrive at the difficult part. Imagine the sensation of something vibrating against your feet. Do NOT simply imagine something moving against your feet. If you can't imagine the sensation of vibration, then find some electrical device such as a massager or other appliance that gives off a vibrating sensation when you touch it. Once you know what to imagine, work hard to imagine that sensation against your feet. Start with your toes and move upward throughout your entire body. Your head and face will be the most difficult. You may not achieve this right away. So be patient. Once you have clearly imagined this sensation, you are ready to move on to the next step.
Mastering the vibrational state means being able to quickly and effortlessly imagining vibrational sensations throughout your entire body at will. Next you should be able to produce a wave effect by beginning the vibration in your feet (and later beginning in your head) and pushing it to the other side of your body. You need to be able to control this without effort. The more you practice, the better you will get.
Next, allow yourself the luxury of imagining that your are projecting astrally. Most people avoid this last crucial step because they think it means they are pretending. It doesn't. Many hypnotists have managed to control subjects who thought they could not be hypnotised simply by asking the subject to "pretend" to be hypnotised. The hypnotist would simply instruct the person to act as though they were hypnotised by appearing relaxed and following cues the hypnotist gave them. Within minutes, these people who thought they were immune from hypnosis were barking like dogs and dancing around the room...all without realizing they were hypnotised. This phenomenon is well documented and validated by readings of the subjects' blood pressure, heart rate and brain wave activity. The same principles can be applied to astral projection. Once you are ready and have completed all the above steps, work on imagining that you are traveling. Imagine, moving around the room, around the entire building. Travel beyond the building to other geographic locations. Even envision traveling to other times. Remember, that this is an unfamiliar state for you. Your mind will likely take any evidence (even that which you do not consciously notice) that you are projecting as a warning that it needs to bounce back home in a hurry. Remember how many times you've dreamth amazing dreams only to suddenly realize you were dreaming and lose the thread of the dream. This happens because our minds are trying to protect us from stumbling into unfamiliar waters where we may not be able to escape. Give yourself time. You will find yourself escaping from your mortal shell before you know it. That's when you'll truly see that the sky is not the limit. It is just the beginning.